Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's a Conspiracy

All good things must eventually come to an end.  Last week my mom had to go home and back to work for the new school year.  It was awesome to have her here all summer.  We all enjoyed the time together and know that we took a not-so-great situation (deployment) and made it into a unique opportunity for her to get to know Kate and Connor on a special level.  As awesome as my mom is, I know John doesn't want the "dreaded mother in law" living with us for months on end.  So this was one of those serendipitous summers where the timing was right and everything worked out amazingly well. 

Connor has been working on crawling for the past 6 weeks or so.  He would rock, army crawl on his tummy, and occasionally get his knees under him and go a foot or two before going splat on his tummy.  I was wondering if he would go straight to walking because he seemed much more interested in pulling up and cruising than practicing his crawling technique.  Until last week. 

Last week my little man decided he wanted to be on the move.  It was like a switch flipped and he was off to the races.  Into everything.  Chewing on every surface possible.  Pulling every electrical cord he could find (he has unplugged my phone and answering machine twice).  Getting into places Kate hasn't even given a second glance.  I am learning quickly that this little boy is going to pose very different challenges than my daughter ever has.  Baby-proofing is going to have go to a whole new level.  He is awesome and I love watching him but my life has changed drastically in the past few days and it is harder than ever to be by myself.

You see where I am going, right?

I am convinced that my mom and Connor had a little conversation about how it would be "hilarious" if he was stationary and easy-peasy all summer and then decided to become a bull in a china shop two days before she left.  Murphy is having a good laugh.  My mom even had a little smirk on her face as she was packing her suitcases and Connor was crawling down the hallway trying to see what all the commotion was.  I am in So.Much.Trouble.

0 comments:

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers