Sunday, August 7, 2011

Atlanta Invasion

My husband's brother and his wife and two sons came to visit this weekend.  It was awesome to see them and to have all of the craziness that four kids under four can bring to one house.  Tommy, Carrie, Cash (4), and Brady (8 months) drove far out of their way to see us and I am so incredibly appreciative of the effort.  Having family around really helps the time fly and I think it is good for Kate and Connor to be surrounded by as much love and support as possible.

My son Connor and my nephew Brady were born one day apart last November.  It is like watching twins - and not having the care or sleep deprivation of twins. WIN!  We all wish that we lived closer because it would be so awesome for these cousins to grow up together being that they are almost exactly the same age.  Of course, that isn't possible, so we take what we can get.  Aren't they adorable?!

Brady and Connor (8.5 months)

They are both big boys so inevitably they were a few "baby sumo" matches where they would wrestle for a toy or crawl on top of one another.  I think it ended in a tie. 

The only bittersweet moment was watching my sweet Kate get confused because of how much Tommy looks like John.  At one point yesterday when we were at the Botanical Garden she looked at him from a distance and screamed "daddy!" and ran to her uncle.  It broke my heart to see that joy and then have to explain to her that daddy is still gone and that Uncle Tommy is not her daddy.  She is okay today and did well with their departure so I don't think she is that confused.  No more confused than any 2 year old with a deployed daddy is. 

I am looking forward to the coming week.  My mom will be coming back on Wednesday (after a 10 day vacation with friends) and then I am headed to Florida (ALONE!!) on Friday morning to attend a wedding.  Knowing that two solid nights of sleep await me Friday and Saturday is almost too much excitement to handle.   

0 comments:

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers