Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rock 'n Roll

There is a much longer post that will be written in the coming days about this amazing weekend and my AMAZING friends and family.  I cannot remember a time where I felt more spoiled, supported, loved, and cared for.  And 99% of this weekend was a huge, enormous surprise.

For the time being, to make a long story short, we ROCKED the Rock 'n Roll.  My goal, to do a 1/2 Marathon before Connor's 1st birthday in November, is complete.  And for a girl who gained almost 100 pounds due to infertility (stress, hormones) and two high risk pregnancies back-to-back I can't tell you how good that feels.  I wasn't fast today, but I finished.  Ran the whole thing with my best friend (who surprised me from San Diego).  I know she could have lapped me twice and probably walked at my running pace.  But she didn't, kept me going the whole way, and we had a blast. 


Becky, me, JoJo, Julia - before the race

In the starting corral - "Team Jill"!!!  I have never had my name on a shirt before!

Still smiling 13.1 miles later

More on my amazing weekend to come!

2 comments:

Pam said...

You have amazing friends and family! Congrats on the finish!

Megan said...

Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment and you should be so proud of yourself!
-Megan aka FraggleChic (old Military Bride Knottie)

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers