Monday, June 6, 2011

Snapping out of it!

I realized this morning that my blog is looking a little doom and gloom right now.  So I am going to snap out of this funk and go enjoy my week! 

The private and public schools get out for the summer in the next few weeks so we are going to try and take advantage of empty splash pads and zoo while we can.  Kate LOOOVES the splash pad at the Botanical Garden.  I am concerned that once the "big kids" (which doesn't take much when you are 23 months and 25 pounds) take over that she won't be able to have as much fun.  And poor Connor, he just sits and lets the fountains hit his feet.  He doesn't stand chance against the 5 year olds :).

So here's to an empty splash pad for one more week!



Where they can hang like this and not get run over like bowling pins :)...




Another plus this week is that Connor is a much happier little dude.  After several long nights and cranky days he is the proud owner of two lower incisor teeth!  Yay!  I know that from now until about 3 years old he will be teething constantly, but still, the first two teeth are a major accomplishment for both of us!

Johnny is in Spain as I type and I am hoping to be able to hear his voice shortly.  Maybe even see his face (thanks, Skype!).  We need more of this because Kate is starting to think that her daddy lives inside of the small voice recorder box where he recorded a message for K's daddy doll.  She asks for "dadda" and points at the voice recorder.  I wonder sometimes how her little brain processes that... 

I hope everyone has a nice week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That splash pad looks so cool. I have yet to find anything like that out here for my little guy. Have fun!

Karen

Unknown said...

I'll be sure to send more super fun packages... maybe all to be delivered on Saturdays so that you have at least one thing to look forward to on some Saturdays :)

Love ya!

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers