Friday, May 27, 2011

Mission Impossible

One of the most important things I can do for J while he is away is take lots of pictures.  One of the hardest thing to accomplish with 2 under 2 is a good picture.  Connor is 6 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days old (not that I'm counting...) and I have not one single good picture where both kids are looking at the camera and smiling.  I have tried almost every day.  If they both seem happy and are playing I will tip toe away, caaaaaaaaarefully and slooooooooowly get the camera, tip toe back in, and try to do something goofy and embarrassing.  They go from happy children to stoic too-cool-for-school kids in .2 seconds flat.  I have a feeling that the face they give me when they see the camera is the same face I'll get when I tell them their curfew at 16.  When they are old enough to look at pictures I think they will wonder if their were raised in different parts of the house with no contact or socialization until... well... who knows when.

Yesterday had one of those "awww - how cute, look how well they are playing together" moments.  They were both alert, sitting up smiling.  I excitedly grabbed my camera and.........

  

Seriously I have never seen my daughter throw herself back and my son jack-knife his body so fast.

Ugh.

Well, at least Kate's body language is pretty much mirroring my own exasperation on this topic. 

3 comments:

sanctimomious said...

ha, how cute! Lets add this to the very short list of things we cant control as parents: PTing, eating, and now photo taking! Love Kates dress! I adore that bright kelly green....xx

Ally said...

Lol it is a hard task. I have found if I make the oldest sit behind and hold the youngest or hand him a brush and tell him to brush her hair, I get good shots. Most of my kids pictures when DD was less than 1 was with Tyler brushing her hair. She stands still and they both stop and smile at me..lol

Blogger said...

Did you know you can create short urls with Shortest and earn $$$ from every visit to your short links.

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers