Friday, November 2, 2012

A Sugary Halloween

The clouds parted and Halloween was a very nice night.  We had lots of big puddles to hop over to get our loot, but I think all of the parents in the Tidewater area were relieved that Sandy didn't squash our Halloween.

I co-hosted Kate's preschool Halloween shindig in the morning.  We got the three year olds nice and sugared up.  There is nothing cuter than preschool aged kids in their costumes.  They are so proud, and excited, and in character.  It cracked me up this year how seriously Kate took her "being a cat".  I mean, she actually preferred to crawl on all fours and meow and hiss while she was in costume.  It tickled my mom and I that Kate was adamant about being a black cat this year because my little sister insisted on being a black cat for every Halloween from about 1987 to 1995 (I'm not kidding).  Is the desire to be feline genetic?

Connor owned his Curious George costume.  He is definitely a mischievous, curious, funny little banana-loving guy so the costume fit him perfectly.  I was impressed at how much he wanted to trick or treat this year.  Maybe it is because he is my second kid and I will admit he has probably had more candy at his age than Kate had at the same point.  It was great to see his eyes light up when he saw other kids dressed up.  He is going through a phase where he loves to talk about "scary monsters" and "big dinosaurs" so Halloween was a long day of him excitedly pointing them out to me.

  Sugared up toddlers, Kitten Kate, and Curious Connor
 
I hope you all had a very Happy Halloween and are claiming your "mom tax" on your kid's candy if applicable!

0 comments:

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers