Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shamrockin' Tomorrow!

Think of me tomorrow morning while you are nursing your hangover from all of the green beer and Irish stew you have consumed.  At 7 AM John and I will start our 13.1 mile run through Virginia Beach.  THEN we will FINALLY be able to have green beer and heavy food.  I have decided that the organizers of the 1/2 and full Shamrock Marathons are actually not very "spirited" for the sake of St. Patrick's Day.  If they were, they wouldn't have scheduled this run for the morning after.  Ouch.

Anyway, ya know, this thing is 10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure, 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember....  That this white chick shouldn't rap.  But since this is one of my fave running songs, I thought I would post it for inspiration.


If you are running a race this St. Patrick's Day (or day after), GOOD LUCK!

1 comments:

Karen said...

Good luck!

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers