Friday, March 2, 2012

Carseat Conversations

As Kate gets older I absolutely adore the conversations that we have when we are in the car. 

Lately she has been very interested in the idea of love.  I'll tell her I love her and she'll ask me if I love Connor, daddy, grandma, Uncle Pete (her godfather), her friend Liam from preschool, etc etc until she gets bored of asking or runs out of people she can remember in that moment.

This morning our conversation went like this.

Me:  "Kate, thank you for being such a good sister.  I love you so much".

Kate:  "I love you so much.  Do you love Connor?"

Me:  "Yes, I love Connor very much".

Kate:  "Oh...  Me too".

Me:  "I know he loves you too".

After about a minute of quiet...

Kate: "Mom, I love you sooooooo much".

Me:  "I love you too so much".

Kate:  "I love you grilled cheese much!"

That, my friends, is 2 year old love at it's purest.  She loves me like she loves grilled cheese.  I am the luckiest mom in the world.

Just to make you hungry...

1 comments:

melanie @nowaqueen said...

that is the most adorable thing I have ever heard! I can't wait til my 15 months old gibberish turns into words and sentences!

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers