Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Weekend Away

What happens when you mix a weekend away, old college friends, wine, music, and me?

Classy stuff, huh?

This past weekend my mother bravely volunteered to watch Kate and Connor while I attended an old friend's wedding with John.  It was actually my first wedding at Villanova (my alma mater) even though dozens of my college friends have gotten married over the past nine years.  The bride was lovely, the ceremony was touching and funny (the priest's cell phone went off.  twice.), and the reception was at a beautiful old manor home.  The cupcakes - oh my gosh - they were to die for.  The cupcakes might actually warrant their own blog post.  If this was John's blog they definitely would.


There is something really fun and bittersweet about going back to campus with one of my best college girlfriends.  Our memories revolve around frozen yogurt and basketball games and wearing our sweatpants to class (ya know, when 9:30AM was disgustingly early).  Now we are in our thirties, married, mothers.  Lawyers and counselors and Naval Officers.  Adults.  When on earth did that happen?  It felt like a time warp.

On Saturday we are off to Myrtle Beach for a vacation with John's oldest brother, his wife, and our nephews.  Family vacations always come with lots of humor and random observations so I'm sure you'll hear from me at some point.  Happy Summer!

0 comments:

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers