Saturday, January 28, 2012

In 30 Seconds...

John calls me to say his flight was cancelled (due to torrential rain and wind), can I please wait for him to go to the gym.  Sure.  After a few seconds of waiting:

Kate decides she needs to pee, I put her on the little toddler potty in our den...

And the roof starts leaking.

As I run to get a bucket to stop the leak from getting on our hardwoods, Kate is done peeing and runs off naked.

Connor finds the potty.

Pee goes everywhere.

Dog decides that the pee looks delicious and proceeds to drink the pee.

I race to put down the rain bucket, keep my 14 month old from getting covered in pee, and wrestle my dog away from the temptation.

Dog starts gagging.

Dog pukes all over the floor.

I find myself covered in rain water, dog puke, and pee.  Holding my 14 month old and racing to find my naked 2 year old.

If I had just walked out the door to go to the gym in the first place I wouldn't have dealt with any of this.  Therefore this is all my husband's fault!

Obviously.

7 comments:

Danielle Bartran said...

Totally.

Lori said...

Agreed! What's he going to go to make it up to you?!

Amanda said...

Haha, you've left me with quite a visual!

I started following your blog awhile ago when I linked to it from TB. I love it. I left you a little something over on my blog (http://theztree.blogspot.com). Of course you're not obligated to participate, but I wanted you to know how much I love your blog :)

Angie said...

Oh no! That sounds like a hectic few minutes.

Karen said...

Oh my goodness...what a spectacle. :) Did this all happen yesterday morning?

Jill said...

Karen, yes it happened on Friday morning shortly after I finished talking to you :).

Karen said...

Haha, I wondered if that was the case... :)

Hi, I'm Jill!

Hi, I'm Jill!
Extrovert. Mom of two. Wife of a cute Naval Aviator. Lover of wine. When I'm not chasing my two kids around town you will find me writing, taking too many photos, and researching the ten future areas the Navy could potentially (but probably won't) PCS us. We are fish out of water, landlocked at 7,000 feet. For now.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers